Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Preferences

This topic is 3479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I would like to know if I can remove the "Filemaker Preferences" in my custom menu.

I've created a menu set with no actions … completely blank.  However, I still get the "Preferences" and the "Help" ??

Is there anyway I can remove them.

Please see pic.

Thank you.

Tom

post-89394-0-48394500-1413226330_thumb.p

I wouldn’t call it a Bug when it doesn’t work the way you want it to. Call it a Feature that you would like them to change. These two items work now as FileMaker intended them to. They state so here, FileMaker Help >> Custom Menus Note: You cannot change the title of these two menus.

Why do they want it like this? My guess would be that they want to make sure that the user knows FileMaker is tool you used. They also want a help file.

FileMaker likes to let people know that FileMaker was the tool. At least that’s the reason they have a Flash Layout in the Runtimes.

Here are two videos by Matt Pertrowsky at ISO Magazine here and here that I found spot on.

Lee

Edited by Lee Smith
reword to make it clearer.
  • Like 1

The Help and the Preferences definitely have to be present. But the Help menu is replaceable. The Preferences menu is replaceable under Windows.

I talked about this with a FM employee (don't remember his name) during DevCon in 2007. He admitted that this was something they had problems with on the Mac platform.

It's awful. You don't want the end user to have a possibility to mess with fonts or a place where they can disable plugins. I need a Preferences menu tailored for my solution.

A bug, a PITA, a longtime standing BUG !!

This topic is 3479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.