Personalized Field Names

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First of all, Tim, thanks so much for this effort. I'm hoping that I can be of some assistance in contributing to its final release.

I'd like to reiterate the request for the ability to customize field names. The script step you point out for doing this manually isn't the only place the field names are referenced. For example, like 446 has a SQL statement that references EA_UUID, and I'm sure there are others.

While I'm not experienced with publishing FileMaker modules that can be added to existing systems, my own initial idea for accomplishing this would be to include at the top of the script a set of variables that will hold the names of the relevant fields as in

Set Variable [$uuid_field_name; "uuid"]
Set Variable [$modifier_field_name; "modified_by"]
Set Variable [$timestamp_field_name; "date_time_modified"]
Set Variable [$modified_count_field_name; "modified_count"]

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck --

"User-Definable Field Names" is on the list of features coming in the next beta. The other "biggie" is a more modular version of the FMEasyAudit script, which is quite long.

Details are available here: http://timdietrich.me/blog/fmeasyaudit-beta-testing-update-1/

I've made progress on Beta 2, but at the moment I'm focused on a few clients projects, EasyWeb, and one other surprise project that has been waiting in the wings. So still no ETA, but I'm hoping for December.

-- Tim

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.