Plugin for Working with File Systems

This topic is 3387 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good plugin to use when working with a lot of files? The project I am working on requires a lot of moving, reading, renaming, etc of files and I am not happy with the current setup. Right now I am using ScriptMaster for all of the file manipulation. In general I love that plugin. The problem is that I can't get it to run properly on the server. I am using FM Server 13 on a Windows 8 machine, and 360works server plugins aren't compatible with that OS. Instead I have a robot client running with script timers. This works ok but I don't like that someone has to activate the scripts every time the computer restarts. I'd rather have something that runs automatically.

I have looked at Troi File Plugin a little but the fact that their website and example files are so outdated worries me a little. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I can't comment on the specifics of your situation, but definitely give Troi File a go. I'm using it successfully, although with client-side scripts. I've found their tech support to be very responsive.

I think, too, you can try it for an unlimited length of time? I believe the only thing buying it gives you is the removal of the nag screen the first time it's triggered.

This topic is 3387 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.