Installing Filemaker Server 13 on Server 2012 Essentials

This topic is 2848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

After tearing my hair out, what's little there was of it, for the last few days I have now been able to successfully manage to install FM Server 13 on Server 2012 Essentials.

The main problem I had was that the program wouldn't install as ports 80 and ports 443 were being used.

Here are the steps I used in order to successfully install the program.

1) If it's used then re-bind your Default Website in IIS to a different port than port 80 (port 81 for example) and port 443 to an alternative port - you can do this from Server Manager > IIS > Right Click on the Server List and select IIS > Open the Tree on SVR > Sites > Default Website. Under Edit Site select Bindings and do the re-map there.

2) Stop the Windows Server Office 365 Integration Service (as this uses port 443) - You can do this from Task Manager > Services > Right Click/Open Services

3) Stop the Routing and Remote Access Service - You can do this from Task Manager > Services > Right Click/Open Services

4) Download and install Application Request Routing from http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/application-request-routing

5) Install FM Server 13 & complete the Deployment Assistant

6) Reboot the server and this will restart all the previously stopped services.

7) Job done.

If the program still fails to install as ports 80 or 443 are still in use then use this command (from CMD prompt) to find out which programs are using ports 80 & 443. Reference the number on the right hand side against the ProcessIDnumber in TaskMgr and close the relevant services.

To find out which processes are using port 80:

netstat -a -n -o | findstr 80

To find out which processes are using port 443:

netstat -a -n -o | findstr 443

I hope the above helps people through this traumatic task!

It can be done!

Cheers,

Rick.

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

Thanks for posting this, but it doesn't work for FM Server 15.  I did have to disable Remote Desktop Gateway Service to free up port 443, but FM Server still refuses to install with a message about wrong operating system.

Has anyone had any success installing Server 15, or is there no hope?

This topic is 2848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.