View without primary key

This topic is 3112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I must connect a FM solution to an ERM which I only have access to a couple of views. The ESS is SQL Server 2008 R2.

The System DSN works fine without any problem. FMS12 is hosted on a Windows 7 x64 (I know!!).

The problem starts when I want to add a view to the relationship graph. Filemaker pops a window asking to choose for a primary key. The view does not have any primary key since it is an aggregation of multiple tables.

How can I workaround this problem?

Thanks for helping

If there is no clear unique key for each record in the view, FM will try to create one using combinations of field data.  If none of those produce a unique key you'll get that message.  The only way around it is to ask the SQL admins to add a key to the view.

• 7 months later...

Wim,

I have the same problem, with the twist that I know that one of the fields contains unique values.

So I don't understand what you mean with "FM will attempt to produce a unique key "...? It should be able to based on what I know.

I was assuming it was not working because there was no "designated" unique key on the SQL side, is that not the case?

This topic is 3112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.