How to make items in list layout clickable

wtv

This topic is 3342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am a newbie to FM. I have a question that I can't figure it out and decide to ask in forum. Hope that someone would expain the following.

I create a new FM file using start solution called "Personal Records".

When I clicked the search icon (magnifying glass icon) in the "Personal Details" layout, FM jumped to a list layout called "Personal". I understand how to create this part.

Now I notice the records in "Personal" list layout are clickable and when I click any record, FM goes back to "Personal Details" form layout.

I don't understand how to do this. I look at the layout trigger but I see no connection.

When I edit "Personal" list layout in layout mode, I notice a tiny square containing "T" at the bottom right corner. What does this "T" means? Trigger?

Could someone kindly explain how to make the records in list layout clickable and jump back to form layout?

Thanks in advance for your time and willingness to share. :)

• Newbies

The simplest way is to draw a button over the entire body part and set it to go to the form layout:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/13/fmp/en/html/create_script.13.26.html#1028717

Thanks comment. I think using a button to jump back to the form layout, may not show the record I want.

In the FM solution, clicking the record in the list layout lead you to the same record in form layout. I am just interested to know how FM does this.

• Newbies

You are right, comment.

When I dissect the body section of the list form, there is a button behind the fields.

At first I thought you are asking me to place a button somewhere in the form. My apologies.

Today is my 8th day in FM. Need more learning.

Thanks again, comment. A word from you saves me all the headaches.

This topic is 3342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.