Frequent disconnects from files hosted on FMS 13

Tom R.

This topic is 2883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FMS 13.0.5.520 installed on a Mac Mini running OS X 10.10.2. The server is hosting a couple of different database files; one is a single file solution, and the other is data-separated solution with the data file on the server and the interface file on the client machines.

My problem is that, with both files, users are being disconnected pretty frequently, if they are inactive for more than about 10 minutes. In the database files, the privilege sets are configured to not disconnect when idle, and the server is configured not to disconnect unless idle for more than 720 minutes (12 hours). 

Any ideas on what might be going on and how to fix it? It's an annoying problem.

Thanks,

Tom

post-86592-0-23545500-1424888739_thumb.p

post-86592-0-59061700-1424888757_thumb.p

The Mac Mini server is not on Wifi is it?

Also triple-check that the machine, it's hard disks etc are not going to sleep at all.

I've had a similar issue recently with a fairly new Mac Mini.  It was solved by using a ethernet-to-usb connector instead of the built-in ethernet adapter.

My Mac Mini which hosts my files, is connected to the network via wifi. I know some would disagree with this, but I've rarely had problems with the network using this configuration. That said, I agree with Wim's other suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wi-fi is turned off; the Mini is connected via ethernet. I have double checked the power settings, but will make sure the drives & computer are not going to sleep. Also, I'll pick up an ethernet to USB adaptor and give that a shot.

Tom

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

I have the same issues on a Windows 7 Laptop with an FM 13.0v9 client and FM 12 server software on a Windows 2012 R2 Server. 

Nothing I can do seems to resolve the totally constant client disconnects.  I've change all network hardware, moved to a new server, changed to a new DHCP, DNS and Domain....Change from dynamic to static IP and still on multiple Windows 7 laptops, disconnections are constant.  They are related to being idle for the shortest amount of time...like a single minute some times, and at most 15 minutes.

The clients security settings have been checked, the server settings for IDLE time have been checked and unchecked....nope, nothing seems to remedy this issue.  It's totally disabling and causing more harm to our small business than I can or even hope to think about. 

Any ideas from someone more experienced?  I'm just astounded that I'm not seeing this problem reported widely because we've done so much to solve it.  It's got to be something so basic that nobody else is having this problem...only a few of us out there.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

John

This topic is 2883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.