FileMaker Script Engine hangs

This topic is 2444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an FM server running on Mac v13.0.5 that we are doing quite a bit of Server side scripting on.  These are either scheduled scripts that run every few minutes throughout the day or "perform on server" scripts that are triggered by users.   Every week or so the script engine appears to hang and users will see FileMaker hang when they run a script that includes a Perform on Server step.   The scheduled scripts will also not complete.   The script engine process is still running but it apparently quits responding.   

I'm able to get things rolling again by running the fmsadmin stop / start fmse command from the Terminal.   The fmserver log files don't show any issue until I stop the service.  Then it reports the script engine service as stopped and then restarted.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the issue or troubleshooting steps to take to narrow down the problem.

yes.  It's dedicated machine, i7 2Ghz, 16GB RAM, SSD Drives.   When the script engine hangs the computer is not showing any high loads on either memory or CPU.  FileMaker Server continues to run normally except for scripting not working.  No slow downs or disconnects for users not calling "Perform on Server" scripts.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This topic is 2444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.