This topic is 3328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Forum,

I haven't been here in a long time but recently started modifying my FM 10 database and have now encountered a problem that I can't solve. I'm unable to remember what I may have done to cause this (I think I had created an opening script that locks and hides the status line) but when I now open my file the screen turns grey and only shows <NO ACCESS>, almost all menu functions are disabled (e.g. can't get into script manager) and I'm also unable to repair the file.

Does anyone know how I can manage to open my file? I have attached it to this posting.

Thanks,

Andy

usually the "no access" has nothing to do with the OnOpen script, but everything with the privilege set.  But in case you want to rule out the OnOpen script.  Open the Script Debugger and then open your file.  Kill the OnOpen script right away.

I don't think the script debugger is available in FM 10?

not sure if the debugger was available in FM10 but it certainly was in FM11.  So use that then.  Same file format.

Script debugger is only available in FileMaker Pro Advanced. If you have the regular version of FileMaker Pro - 10 or 11 - then you cannot use it.

the screen turns grey and only shows <NO ACCESS>

A grey screen with NO ACCESS means you are logged in with an account that has a reduced privilege set and accessing a layout/table to which that account has no access. Unless your opening script performs a relogin, it has nothing to do with the issue.

Maybe I can't upload the zip file due to the current site maintenance...

I see no issues with attaching a file.

testfile.txt.zip

Thank you comment! I now remember that I also switched the settings from admin to guest which probably causes the file to show no access. How do I get out of this misery if I can't change any settings within the file? I'm trying different things here currently....

I now remember that I also switched the settings from admin to guest

If you mean you have set the file to automatically log in using the Guess account (in File Options > Open/Close), then try opening it while holding the Shift key. That should bring up the login dialog where you can enter your "real" account name and password (most likely "Admin" and empty - unless you have changed those too).

This topic is 3328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.