Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New to Themes - how to anchor background?

This topic is 3292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just beginning to work with Themes, and I have a lot to learn.  I created a layout with the river theme, and somehow set the background to anchor both left and right, so it expands to fit the screen.

Pretty simple, right?  Problem is, I cannot remember how I did this, and cannot recreate the condition on another layout.   I don't think I'm working on the right part - the background doesn't really seem to be modifiable - the anchor selectors are inactive when I pull up the inspector for the background.

Anyone know how to go about this? 

River Theme Background.JPG

Hi Darren,

You can't anchor backgrounds, only objects.  Try this ... create a button or text on your layout.  Set it's anchor to top (if you wish to keep it at the top) and right in Inspector > Position > Autosizing (also check the bottom anchor if you wish expansion down).  Now go to browse and resize your window.  :-)

Added:  By the way, River is one of the themes which will be discontinued in future.  If you like it, save it as a custom theme.  Then in future if it is discontinued, you can still use its Styles and theme throughout your files if you wish (by importing your custom theme).

Edited by LaRetta

LaRetta - thank you!  And wouldn't you know it, I finally find a theme I like/can live with, and they plan to discontinue.  Will save as custom if I decide to stick with it. 

I am constantly amazed at the resource/help available here at FMForums - I'd be lost without you all.

Peace,

Darren

This topic is 3292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.