Plugin registration problem

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm a ScriptMaster Advanced Edition user (I subscribed it during last January) and I have a problem with the registration of a plugin that I created for my environment.

I describe my environment by hoping that you can support me to solve the problem that I have:

1. I'm using ScriptMaster on a Mac system (Yosemite) on which both FileMaker Advanced Pro 13.09 and FileMaker Server 13.09 are installed.

2. I developed and tested with ScriptMaster some functions that I included inside a plugin and I created it with the name myPlugin on my Mac.

3. I have put the produced plugin myPlugin.fmplugin in the 2 directory that I use in my FileMaker environment, I mean: 

- HD1/FileMaker Server/Database/Extensions

- HD1/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins

4. I opened a FileMaker file that uses the functions of my plugin and I registed the plugin on FileMaker Pro Advanced by using the key created by ScriptMaster at the end of the plugin creation.

5. I deployed my FileMaker file on the FileMaker Server and I work with it so that one of the functions inside the plugin is invoked. The function worked as good as expected but... inside the 360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log file I see the following info:

INFO: Registered successfully with demo license; will run for two hours after launch.

And infact it's so: after two hours the plugin stops to work and I'm not more able to use my functions...

I suppose there's something wrong in the procedure that I follow to register my plugin or, maybe, there's something wrong in my machine environment... I don't know... But I can't work... Could you please help me to understand how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Massimo Becattini

Hi Massimo,

If you are using the plugin with Perform Script on Server or with Scheduled scripts you will need to have the registration function every script that is using the functions. Additionally, we have identified a bug that sometimes the registration does not hold but the workaround is to have the registration function in the twice in a row. If you are registering the plugin within FMPro, the registration will not be in the Server_Scripting logs but rather in the 360Plugins_FMAdvanced.log . Check this page for locations of logs.

Hello Ryan,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your answer very well: what are you meaning when you talk about "registration function"? Because, I'm actually invoking a function by using a script called through Perform Script on Server but I don't make anything to "declare that I'll use the plugin" or something similar inside the script... And I don't understand why I should do this... The plugin has been copied in the right directories both for the FileMaker Server and the Web Publishing... Moreover, as I already told, the plugin works as good as well if I use it before two hours from the FM Server restart and so... 

Are you maybe meaning that I have to call inside my script also the Install Plugin function so that every time my plugin is re-installed?

In any case, I'm have just added the statement Get(InstalledFMPlugin) to my script to verify if my plugin is installed and it's so, installed and enabled... This to confirm that I don't undestand... It seems a license problem but it shouldn't be so since I'm a ScriptMaster Advanced version user...

Please, help me.

Regards,

Max 

Hello Ryan,

now I have understood! Excuse me for my newbity...

I have added the call to the quadRegister function inside the script started with the Perform Script on Server and now it works as good as expected!

Thanks a lot for your precious support.

Regards,

Max

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.