FMS 14 with FMP 13 clients?

This topic is 3257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This may be too premature to tell at this time, but has anyone either tested and/or running in production FMS 14, but with 13 clients?  I would suspect there shouldn't be any major issues, except for new client features (like reconnect to server), which is nothing new based on past releases.

The one item that I am mostly concerned with is using 13.0v5 clients.  We are using a purchased certificate for secure connections, but haven't upgrade the clients and server to 13.0v9 yet.  Will there be any issues with this, or will I have to at least upgrade the clients to 13.0v9 for compatibility with server 14?

Any gotchas that you've noticed will be very appreciated to me!

I've tested FMPA 13.v05 against server 14 with a 3rd-party SSL cert installed and it works fine.  I think the compatibility issues are mostly the other way around.  Newer clients with older servers mixed in with using the default SSL cert.

FMS 14, but with 13 clients?

​As with any mixed environment, things may be slower than expected because of how FM and FMS interact.   Even if you use no FM14 features.

On the topic of SSL: as long as you use a custom SSL certificate you are good to go.  Only when you enable SSL without a custom certificate will have trouble with pre 13v9 or 12v9 clients or servers.

This topic is 3257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.