FMP connection problems to SQL, for a SQL newb.

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had very little experience with MS SQL Server, but I understand the basic concepts of it.

Enough so that I set up a Windows 2012r2 server this weekend and installed SQL Server 2014.

I installed it in mixed mode, so that users could use Windows authentication or SQL authentication to access a test database I created.

I figured out how to create a user properly so that the test database I created will show up in the Windows ODBC setup System DSN box when I change the default database.

However, once I open FMPA 12 and try to add one of my tables to the relationship diagram, none of my tables show up.

I've added the same username to Database\Security\Users and made what I can tell are any appropriate settings to this account, but I still can't see my tables.

I understand this is probably SQL 101 but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

When you set up the External Data Source in FM, do you actually see the DSN you've set up for your SQL server?

If not then it is because you did that in the 64-bit control panel.  FM12 is 32-bit so it needs a DSN in the 32-bit ODBC control panel.

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.