Current Record Default Selection

This topic is 3226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use a list view layout to review records.  When I want to make a change to a particular record I use a GO-TO-RELATED-RECORD step, make the changes, then return to list view.The active record is highlighted in blue on this list.

I find the blue highlight distracting.  It calls my attention to a record that at this time may or may not be important.

Is there another way to highlight current record so by default nothing is selected until something is selected?

I am afraid I did not understand your request, particularly your last sentence.  :-)

There are two options which natively control highlights in list view:

1. Layouts > Layout Setup > Deliniate fields on current record only
  2. Inspector > Appearance > Body > Active  

To remove the blue highlight select the body then use option 2.  If you then leave option 1 checked, the fields will highlight only if you enter them.  If this is not helping, please explain or provide a simple sample file showing what you want to happen.

Thanks LaRetta,

I agree that my last sentence was kind of goofy.  I dashed it off on the way to a meeting.  I was trying to make the highlighting disappear altogether,

Your second method did exactly what I was hoping for:  I added one more step so that it ended up

Inspector>Appearance>Body>Active>Graphic>Fill>None

This topic is 3226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.