This topic is 3245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Looking for feedback on early build beta release of a schedule creation database I'm working on. 

The basic idea is this:  Many industries uses 'repeating' schedules to accomplish projects. Every time they do a similar project, the same set of steps needs to occur and they can be stored in a template. The template contains all the info needed to build the schedule except a key date. When will the schedule begin or end. From there, the template can count forward or backward and create all the right tasks on the right dates, perfect every time.

My initial goal is NOT to provide an all-in-once scheduling database...but instead a tool to create schedules. I'll provide basic scheduling tools if they want to manage them within Schedule It, but I'm guessing most will want to export a generated schedule for use elsewhere.

So, in this very rough demo version, I have basic functionality in place to create templates, create jobs and build schedules. Schedules can be built forward or backward, and can included or exclude weekend days.

Any and all feedback is welcome. And if I've posted this is the wrong place, please point me to the correct place to post this sort of thing.

thanks!

Jeff

Schedule It.fmp12.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff - I'm not sure this is the right place to post this because your question doesn't really relate to the unique requirements of creating a shrink-wrap solution.

I looked at your file and I think it looks good. It does look like a great start. I like how it works. A next step I would consider would be to assign and limit access by user type then maybe consider related notes that can be added to each task (assuming you want to go further in that direction.)

Hope it goes well for you.

This topic is 3245 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.