Object placement completely different in WebDirect vs. FMP

This topic is 3251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone come across this behavior? See image attached... it appears that WebDirect is unable to render objects placed in the tab area of a tab panel.

Any ideas/recipes/workarounds?

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 15.52.14.png

I'm confused by your picture.  In FMP it shows the objects in question above the tab panel but in WD is shows them inside of tab area.

Are you saying that in order for the objects to appear in Web Direct you have to replicate them across all of the different tabs instead of in the 'title area' of the tab control in FMP?  

I'm not 100% sure if Tab Controls fall into the extreme limitations of stacked objects in WebDirect, but my guess is that you're attempting to 'stack' the buttons on top of the tab panel instead of actually inside of the tab panel itself.

Stacking objects in WD is definitely not considered best practices due to the limitations of CSS/HTML5.

Edited by James Gill

In FMP it shows the objects in question above the tab panel but in WD is shows them inside of tab area.

​That's my point precisely! In WD FileMaker renders them inside the portal. It's not about the portal though, the same happens with an empty tab panel. I have attached a sample file. Upload it to FMS, open in a browser, it's reproducible.

So my question is:

A )  if this is in fact a limitation of WD  - and - 

B )  I would like to use the entire tab panel area for portals  - then - 

where should I place buttons that relate to individual tabs and portals? How are other developers doing this? I certainly can't have them overlap with portal records!

WD TabPanel.fmp12.zip

Edited by artvault

This topic is 3251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.