Inventory Error

This topic is 3212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, 

This is my first time using this forum so please excuse any mistakes.. 

I have setup a standard pos system with DB for invoicing a customer, inventory and purchasing inventory from Maker. The DB is setup in such was so that I have a layout for Invoicing the customer and within the invoice are the line items for each product that I carry in the inventory. The Inventory is defined with barcode, description, prices and most importantly stock. The purchase order is setup the same way as such so the i have layout with purchase order sheet, then within are the line item with barcodes, description etc... Now, the problem that I am facing is that i am using calculations to keep track of the stock where as if i order 1 item then 1 item gets added and if I see that item 1 gets deducted etc.. now the problem is that after certain length of time... I see stock for items that I didn't order. It will just appear out of the blue as stock.... 

I am totally stumped and urgently need of help. 

A POS system with wrong information on stock on hand is useless... 

Looking for any suggestions or comments. 

Regards,

Young 

I use an inventory system, I'll upload it later this week so you can have a look (I am traveling now so I can't do it now).

it is not ideal, I am aware of that, it is calculation based instead of transaction based, I have to fix that. And it most probably could be better designed (I do my own developement as a hobby, it is exiting to find solutions to problems).

the important thing is that it works :-)

Carlos

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is, sorry for delay, I had to "clean it" of things that would only make it confusing, that is why you will find some tabs with a single tab on them, for example. I hope I did not ruin any functionality when cleaning.

Files are in fp7 format, conversion necessary for >= 12.

You will see 4 databases, it may seem superfluous or non standard to have several fp7's, but it is the best solution in my particular case (there are many more files using the common info. from these files)

User name and password for all of them is Admin, it has full privileges so you can modify to your needs.

Any improvement made to them must be made available on this forum.

a) Contactos.fp7, here you keep your contacts, clients and suppliers, you are one of the contacts. It is a single table for suppliers and clients.

b ) Factcomun.fp7,contains some common value lists, you only need to open it if you need to modify them. But it must be there otherwise the other files won't find the value lists.

c) xhcrt.fp7, contains Incoterms, exchange rates, signatures.

d) facturarsv.fp7 is the one you are interested in.

Menus are in Spanish, I hope you understand at least a little.

Steps:

1) Create some contacts, including your own company.

2) Set as auto enter value your company nickname in both purchase orders and sales. Every contact must have a nickname and full name.

3) Create some products, and be sure to indicate who the suppliers are, this allows short drop down lists when you make an invoice or a purchase order.

The suppliers show in the drop down list based in contacts.

4) Make a purchase order, the product layout will indicate "In transit"

5) Mark it as received in the P.O., it will appear as in stock. It will also show a yellow square in the product, which takes you to a costing sheet,useful when handling imports with many different costs

6) Make an invoice (it will auto enter a prefix CF, this indicates it is an invoice) and it will take it away from inventory.

You must enter your invoice number in the yellow space.

Hope you find it useful, someday I will update it to a transactional model.

I am aware it has many things that are less than ideal, I correct them from time to time when I have some free time. The most important thing is that it works.

Best regards

Carlos

inventory.zip

Edited by carlosnorvik
adding info

This topic is 3212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.