Empty Result from LayoutObjectNames

This topic is 2945 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm seeing some very strange behavior with FileMaker 14. I'm using `LayoutObjectNames` for some required functionality. On the development system it's working fine. It returns the list of named objects on the layout.

I close the file, zip it up and send it to the client, and that required functionality isn't working. He sends the file back and I open it and get a data viewer up. The function returns nothing. I go into layout mode and confirm that there are named objects on the layout.

The first time this happened and I tried recovering the file. In the recovered file it worked, so I assumed some corruption had happened on his end. I told him to trash the file I had given him and work with a new version I supplied. The problem came up again.

This morning he sent me the oldest version that the problem manifested in. I confirmed the problem, tried recovering it again, but this time it didn't fix the problem.

I'm at a loss. It works in the version I send him, doesn't on his system. We're both using FileMaker 14, although I'm using Advanced. My next step will be to work from a served file instead of a local one, but I have never seen this type of behavior in FileMaker. Has anyone seen anything similar? Any ideas on a fix? I'm almost ready to just scrap the file and build it again from scratch since we're not too far into the project.

Thanks,
Chuck

• 9 months later...

This topic is 2945 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.