SMTP error when running script from server

This topic is 3214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The environment is Windows Server 2012, with FileMaker Server 13 v1x64.

I've got a script that sends out an e-mail to multiple recipients.  When I run the script through FileMaker Pro 13, it sends the e-mails with no issues.  However, when I schedule the script to run, it fails.  I had the schedule send me an e-mail after the task was done and got this:

2015-06-05 12:07:02.358 -0400 Information 644   *******      Schedule "Create Scheduled Tasks" completed; last scripting error (1506).

Looks like 1506 is an SMTP error, but I have no idea why it's failing when it's ran from the server but not from my local desktop.  Any help is appreciated.

Are the Filemaker Pro computer and the Filemaker Server computer on the same Local Area Network?  Or is Filemaker Server hosted remotely somewhere?

​Yes, they are on the same internal network.

I have experienced the same when the mail server gets busy or the network is slow. Unfortunately 1506 isn't much help, but for me it's always been response time from the mail server.

I've done further testing by opening telnet on the FM server and testing a raw socket connection to the exchange server successfully.  I've also installed the client on the FM server itself and ran the script successfully.  It appears to be an issue with running this script on the server schedule.

Edited by Bigun

I got it to work, here is what I did.

1. I uploaded a test database with nothing in it but a script to send a simple e-mail, and ran the script in the scheduler successfully.
  2. I then modified the current script to send a test e-mail, ran it in the scheduler successfully.
  3. I then modified the current script again and loaded some custom dialogs displaying the variables used to make sure they were sane. - they were.
  4. I then loaded all the settings back to what they were and reran the script through the scheduler.... successfully.

I have no flipping idea what happened, but it is working now.

• Like 1

This topic is 3214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.