Which Windows

Chuck

This topic is 3234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Although the likelihood that any of my clients are using Macs has increased in the last decade, I still have a few clients who use Windows. The only time I launch Windows (running within VirtualBox on my laptop) is to test software. I absolutely never use it for anything else. Usually I'm testing FileMaker solutions, although there are occasions when I'm testing web sites as well.

I used to keep up a bit with the Windows world, but that's no longer the case. Given that, I have absolutely no idea which version of Windows I should use. I'm using Windows 7 right now, and would like knowledgable opinions on which version I should use, 7, 8 or 10.

Whichever version it is will be running in VirtualBox and only used to launch FileMaker 11/12/13/14 or one of the various web browsers. 90% of the time it'll just be FileMaker 14 Advanced.

Given the above, do any of you Windows experts out there recommend moving beyond Windows 7?

Thanks

7 or 8 / 8.1.

10 is too new and not officially supported yet.  Not a bad idea to set up a virtual box for it so that you'll have it, but I would not use it for anything mainstream.  If you want to test and troubleshoot then use 7 or 8.

This topic is 3234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.