Converting the newly deprecated FileMaker Runtimes to a Xojo Web App

This topic is 3208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

He is referencing that they are on the deprecated list. Though based on the response of FMI, I don't foresee it actually happening anytime soon.

Even if they decide to keep them in the product, and told us so...I think they would stay on the deprecated list. Or show up again in the future.

Similar with company mergers. They may say they aren't going to eliminate positions...but something 3 months down the road may make it necessary. The only sure way to know is to see what actually happens. That is true of most things in life. 

From a developer standpoint, we just try to prepare ourselves for the worst...and adapt when the change does happen.

For now, they are still in the product. And I have made a few of them recently to assist a non-profit manage some data. It's working well for them, and with their current machines will be able to run them for many years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FileMaker's new pricing definitely makes Xojo an attractive platform for some web apps.  I use both, and there are some things use cases which are completely unaffordable now using FM that Xojo is great at.  (Example: a survey app that needs 50+ concurrent connections but asks a simple yes/no question).  

This topic is 3208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.