Host FMP14 on FMS12?

This topic is 3176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

Please bear with me; I'm a graphic designer learning to develop for my company when I have time. My boss bought me a copy of FMPA14 because I had heard our FMS12 could still host it, but I'm getting an SSL error when I try to connect to the server from FMP14. We have FMS12v04 on an old G5 running OS X Lion and it can't be upgraded any further. I've been researching this a bit and I found links to update FMS12 to v09 (I think?) which I haven't done yet. We all connect to the server with our workstations via LAN. We don't use FMGo or XML or anything like that (at this point). Is there a workaround or an option I can turn off somewhere? I don't want to buy an SSL certificate and I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one. Thanks!

• Newbies

The SSL option can be turned off in via the Admin Console.

Thanks Rick, I turned off the Security option to require a secure connection from Admin Console but I still get this error when I try to connect. And I, unfortunately, am the administrator. :bye:

Screen_Shot_2015-06-25_at_8.23.01_AM.thu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I don't know. It might be because I was trying to figure out how we can access our files through a VPN when we're traveling. It worked, but it was excruciatingly slow.

*Edit: Or our former IT person may have turned it on and I just left it alone…

Edited by clasek

If its not encrypted (1) on the server via Encryption at Rest and (2) encrypted via SSL, the data is at risk of being sniffed. And you may never know the data is being compromised.

• Like 1

This topic is 3176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.