FM 13 hangs on switching layouts

Cable

This topic is 3196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So here's a weird one. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Overview: I have a database for tracking plant inventory for a wholesale plant nursery. The size of the pots is measured as a gallon size and abbreviated in the system. So a 1 gallon pot is a G1, a 2 gallon pot is a G2, a 3 gallon is a G3, etc.

I have two layouts for viewing the data in either a list or as a form to show more information. Pretty standard stuff. When you click on a magnifying glass icon a script runs to see if you're on a iPad or iPhone. If you are, it sends you to a layout optimized for mobile devices. Otherwise it sends you to a layout that has existed for about 10 years.

In FileMaker 12 it works perfectly. In FileMaker 14 it works perfectly. In FileMaker 13 it works for everything except a G2. For the G2s it hangs and just spins and spins and never goes to the detail record. I always have to force close FM. At first I thought something had happened and all of the G2s somehow got corrupt. But, if I change the size for that record to, say, a G3, it works just fine. Change it back to a G2 and it hangs again. But again, only for FM13 (both Pro and Advanced).

Since I plan to switch everyone over to 14 in a month or so I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it is bugging me why this could be happening. Anyone ever see something like that before?

This topic is 3196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.