sporatic failure in sending emails

place

This topic is 3192 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The attached script generates a pdf that is attached to an email that is sent out in our mail server on our Mac server.  We have ATT internet service.  When running through the loop of anywhere from 10 -109 records, it will give me an error stating: email (s) could not be sent.  

The process tends to work better when I have 1-10 records but not not always.  

If I run the script again the record that did not send in the previous trial, goes out just fine.

Is this a problem of:

1. Script

2. Mail server settings

3. internet provider 

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 11.12.35 AM.png

Why are you sending the e-mail twice? And is the attachment working correctly?

If you want error capture, then after the Send Mail, use Get ( LastError ). If that returns true, collect the e-mail address and error.

If it actually works sometimes, your mail server settings are probably correct (otherwise you could never send). It could be a malformed e-mail address. It could be your outbound mail server false reporting an error. It could be your outbound mail server thinking you're sending spam. It could be your outbound mail server thinking you're sending too large an attachment.

Collect the actual error, that may provide more information.

Ahh David!! Thank you for responding, you all should have a "go fund me" accounts.  The time you donate to help others has a value.

For anyone on this site that may have a similar problem, I found these links helpful but not the perfect solutions.  However, many have solved their problems in these links:

http://dangerousbaggage.com/2009/01/20/filemaker-send-mail-step-with-smtp-server-option/

http://www.savvydata.com/blog/2009/11/fixing-smtp-send-mail-error-1506/

Two emails, I have two different emails for every record.

Spoke with a friend last night and they offered the same solution as you have with the error capture and collection.

My size file is very small-250kb

I was also thinking outbound issues but more of the mail server not being able to keep up with the amount of emails being sent to the que. I will look into your suggestions.

As always I will post back with my solution (hopefully), for those in similar situations.

kim

Thank you.

You can test to see if adding a pause between each send helps. I like to use a random pause, between .1 and 1 second long because I use Gmail and those guys are smart. They might catch on if I was using the same length pause each time.

If you'd like to pay back, this is the link to donate to this site:

This topic is 3192 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.