Write email with multiple customer addresses

jt196

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Intermediate FM user here but I've not much experience with variable/temporary fields, so need a bit of help.

I need to make a layout for my non-email literate staff to write a collection email for our transport company. The layout would be as follows:

----

email: <transport email address>

subject: x pallets pickup [today/tomorrow/specific date]

body: Dear Sir,

x pallets to go to: 

<customer 1>
<customer 1 address>

optional:

x pallets to go to:

<customer 2> etc

----

up to 3 customers. 

Any ideas folks or at least pointers as to what kind of fields/calculations/new tables I should be using in my layout to perform this.

I don't think this is a job for found set as the customers are normally fairly random, so really I'd need a field with a date, dropdowns for the 3 customer addresses and number of pallets and the ability to hide the second and third if there was only one delivery address (perhaps checkboxes and "If" functions on a script?). 

Hope this is all clear and somebody can help me! Thanks in advance. 

Folks with a bit more brainpower and a coffee I figured this one out. 

I've created a new table "Pallet Pickups" with 3 sets of fields for each customer, quantity pallets and a checkbox for yes or no to select a pickup or not. There's a calculation field for total pallets and a date field as well. 

I built a script with 3 conditions - an IF for the 2 pallets selected, an ELSE IF for the 3 pallets and an ELSE for the 1 pallet to write either an email with 1, 2 or 3 addresses and their respective information. 

Hope this helps anybody and by all means if anybody has a more elegant solution I'm all ears!

up to 3 customers. 

When you say that something (an order?) has "up to 3 customers", you are describing a one-to-many relationship. The correct way to handle such situation is to enable the creation of (any number of) related records in another table, instead of creating (a finite number of) multiple sets of fields in the parent table.

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.