FTPeek causes PSoS scripts to hang

This topic is 3154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Weird issue here.

Running FMS 13.0v5 and FTPeek 1.66 enterprise on OS X 10.10.

I am working on a script A calling FTPeek upload to FTP. Script B calls script A as part of an overall process.

When i call script B from script A with usual Perform Script, everything works fine.

However when i call it with Perform Script on Server (PSoS) - which is supposed to be supported by enterprise license - the script basically hangs. Then the FMS Admin-Console Activity/Clients shows a client connection as "FileMaker Script" which will basically won't leave the queue - even if I send a disconnect message. Only way to solve the issue is restart the entire host...!  When running in debug mode from FMP, the moment script B calls script a with PSoS, FMP just freezes and I need to force quit it.

I understand that 1.66 brought support for PSoS but that only applies to enterprise license which is what i have as my order confirmation message tells me so...

Any idea anyone ?

Logs attached.

Thanks

360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log

Triple-check your script for any non-server compatible script steps.

As an aside, you don't need to restart the entire host, when a scedule or a PSoS call hangs just restart the FMS script engine:

fmsadmin restart fmse

I have written 2 super simple scripts:

scriptA:
- Perform Script on Server [scriptB]
- Exit Script[]

scriptB:
- Set Variable [$ftpRegister; Value:FTPeek_Register("msomeLicenseKey"" ; "someRegisteredName")]
- Set Variable [$ftpPublicKey; Value:FTPeek_GetPublicKey("someIPAddress")]
- Set Variable [$ftpConnect; Value:FTPeek_ConnectSFTP("someIPAddress" ; $ftpPublicKey ; "someUser" ; "somePassword" )]
- Set Variable [$ftpDisconnect; Value:FTPeek_Disconnect]
- Exit Script[]

I run scriptA in Debug Mode from FMP and progressively  enable the scriptB steps. All is good until i bring the last step in : the one calling function FTPeek_Disconnect which causes the script to hang.

Interestingly, another scenario causes the script to hang: no matter how many script step i enable in scriptB, when i run script A without debug step-by-step but all-in-one-go, the script hangs as well.

Very confusing...

Hi laurentades,

I took a look at your logs and there is not any ftpeek function calls in the log. The only thing in the log looks to be a schedule that runs with a scriptmaster custom plugin. Our logs overwrite when the script engine is restarted so I suspect that is why there isn't anything in the log. 

Go ahead and restart the server(or as mentioned use the terminal command "fmsadmin restart fmse -y") run the PSOS and then repost your logs or send them directly to me at [email protected] . Additionally, run the script locally without the PSOS call and send the local logs as well. I will take a look and see if there is anything that indicates why you are getting the hang.

Regards,

• 1 month later...

Nailed it.

To be more specific: the script was looping through records for uploads and was performing a Connect /Disconnect for each record. It appears that the ftp service was having a hard time coping with the intense connect/disconnect pace and thus causing a lag on an erratic basis.

Solved by  opening the ftp connection once, proceed with the loop of so many records and then disconnect.

Important note: same was not happening with local OS X FTP service, therefore the suspect would be the target ftp service. Unfortunately I don’t know which one is used over there.

Hope that helps someone out there.

This topic is 3154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.