Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ESS search oddity

This topic is 3180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having something odd happen to me while searching an ESS TO. Search seems to work fine in native FM tables however when searching an ESS field the search does not return records that clearly meet the search requirements. I am using the Actual ODBC driver to connect to a MySQL database on Mac OSX.

Any ideas what my issue is?

I have 19 records in my MySQL table (this is a joomla website that I am connecting to). I have a script that associates the MySql record ID with another FM record in another table. After that process all of a sudden instead of the MySQL table having 19 records there are only 7 records. If I close the database and open it again the 19 records are still there.

I also have problems where I search in a text field in the MySQL table for (lets just say) the word "The". No records are returned even though many records in that field contain the word "The". Very strange. Any ideas?

Not sure about the record count being off, but on the searches:

searches against an ESS source do not behave like searches in FM:

- FM searches are case insensitive, most ESS searches are case sensitive

- the default FM search is a "word-search", ESS searches may not be, try "*the*" and "*The*" to" see if you get the results you want

This topic is 3180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.