Preview Error

kevybaby

This topic is 3171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered already and/or there is a better place for this question.

We recently updated from FMS11/FMP11 to 
FMS14/FMP14. All client machines are running Windows 7.

Since upgrading to 14, we now have an issue where the preview is cutting off some characters/words and causing strange line wraps. However, the errors are not present in either Browse mode or in the final output (either print or PDF).

I have attached a PDF which shows 1) how it looks in Browse, 2) how it looks in Preview with the problems circled, and 3) how looks on the output. All three images are screen shots and the last one is a screen shot of the output PDF. (On a side note: I also noticed that Preview mode is REALLY low resolution: while the screen shot of the Browse mode is not indicative of it actually looks on screen, the Preview screen shot is!)

The good news is that it is not preventing the ultimate output and most users haven't even noticed it. However, I have one user who has been reluctant to switch to FileMaker (from just using doing things 'old school') and he is the one complaining about it.

I have tried troubleshooting by manually typing test text in (to make sure no hidden characters made their way in via copy/paste) and even deleted a couple of the fields where this was seen and replacing with a new field. I also tried changing fonts. This problem does not appear to be machine dependent, although I have only looked on three machines.

Any ideas?

Evidence.pdf

This topic is 3171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.