Theme does not allow checkbox format for field

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am building new layouts for a legacy database to take advantage of FM14 themes, and have experienced a Senior Moment.

I have created a new theme by modifying one of FM's standard themes.  After adding a new field, I want to format it as a checkbox set.  The Inspector dropdown only presents a choice for Edit Box.  

How do I persuade the theme to permit changing the field format to other formats?

Hey doughemi,

In the spirit that you think it might just be a senior moment :D, are you sure you're looking on the correct tab of the Inspector?  Irrespective of which theme you're using, you should use the "Control style" menu on the Inspector's "Data" tab.  That's where you choose between Edit box, Drop-down list, Checkbox set, etc.  I suspect you might be looking at the the "subcomponent" menu, which is the first (unlabeled) menu near the top of the "Appearance" tab.  Because Edit boxes have no subcomponents for styling, that menu will not list any additional choices if the layout object is formatted as an Edit box in the Data tab.  (Subcomponents come into play for other control types, especially in FM14, which introduced subcomponent styling for Checkbox and Radio Button sets, Drop-down lists, Popup menus, etc.)

hth,

Mark

• Like 1

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.