Portal records not displaying for non-Full Access user on server hosted solution

Justin P.

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a simple dashboard portal using SELECTOR (global) -> CONNECTOR (table::ID).

I have noticed that the portal does not display records even though the global selector has IDs populated (global can be seen in data viewer), but this occurs only for a non-Full Access group of users and only when hosted on a remote FM Server (third party host).

I have tested the counter approaches to both of those conditions (access rights, local v server) and shown that it works in all other ways:

1. when copied to local machine, the particular user group see the expected records in the portal fine.
  2. when I login to the hosted solution as a full access user, I see records fine in this same portal.

Thought it was just the portal filter (which I use to filter down to user permitted records), but turning that off makes no difference to this issue. After that, I ran out of ideas on how to fix this one very fast. Anyone seen this behaviour before?

Also noticing another oddity that has similar conditions: I have an field (Account::Code) that is visible to this user group when on an account detail layout, but when I try and view it from a related table layout like Orders (e.g. Orders_Account::Code), it does not display, once again just for this non-Full Access user group and only when hosted.

Makes me think this is relationship privileges based, but no idea where to look and no idea why this would only affect hosted version. 
Appreciate any wisdom!

Cheers,
Juz

FYI that I resolved the first part of this issue ( portal not displaying) by broadening the Fielmaker user permissions (not trying to limit at the record level using Security, instead having to fudge it at the layout and display level).

The second issue (on particular child table field not displaying) is still vexing me though. Changing field permissions made no difference their. May just have to work around it by storing it in the Orders table, and not having it be dynamic.

Weird one!

Cheers,
Juz

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.