This topic is 3159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

Let's start with the famous introduction "I'm not an expert" but I've been around filemaker for a while.

I'm on a Mac FileMaker Pro ADV 14.

1. I would love to know HOW can we populate automatically the Estimates Bill To and Ship To information as soon as we select the "Company" (Account) since this information is already filled in the Account Layout.
  2. Can we do exactly the same based on BillTo_Name_First or BillTo_Name_Last ?

But WAIT, there is MORE:

I have Business as Clients and each Business is an represented by ACCOUNT

I have people as clients (CONTACTS) from different places 

• Individuals (Contacts) classified grouped under ACCOUNT "eBay Clients"
  • Individuals (Contacts) classified grouped under ACCOUNT "Website A Clients"
  • Individuals (Contacts) classified grouped under ACCOUNT "Website B Clients"

I want to be able to autofill Estimates Bill To and Ship To information based on the CURRENT ACCOUNT (from the field labelled Company) BUT be able to choose different CONTACTS from the same company.

I believe this has to be done via a "script trigger" (something I learned from the videos) but I believe it should be 2 scripts that will execute based on whatever I have no idea !

WOW - that was a long one, SORRY about that but ANY HELP will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Beto Boton
Australia

Edited by Beto Boton

Hello,

Thank you for using Starting Point! In regards to your questions:

1. The Script that auto fills that information is # 0909. This script works by filling fields with data based on the relationship presented. If you relate both a CONTACT and an ACCOUNT, it will show a pop up dialogue asking which information you would like to autofill with. 

2. Because the information is based on related CONTACTS or ACCOUNTS and is filled based on that relationship, there is no way to do that with the same type of script, however, from the information you provided, it doesn't seem necessary. As long as you relate BOTH the CONTACT and the ACCOUNT to the estimate/invoice, and the ACCOUNT is related to the CONTACT, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

Jonathan Hogle

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan

Thank you very much for your answer.

I do have a script # 0909 EST_Relating_an_Account.
I looked at the script and it seems exactly what you mentioned, unfortunately I can't see it been performed when I add an Account (Layout L70).

It search the account, insert the selected one and that is it.

I'll try to find out why it is performing the fill address part of the script.

It performs script #0909A and selects the account fill the field with the selected account and that is it.

Cheers

Beto Boton

Edited by Beto Boton
forgot something

Hey Beto,

The auto fill happens when you select an account to add, however, if you also add a contact to the SAME invoice, there will be a dialogue that asks if you would prefer to use the contact information instead of the Account information.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This is what I am here for.

Are you aware that you have the advanced SQL finds turned on??

They have their own set of scripts which explains why the information I have been giving you is not panning out LOL

You could rewrite the scripts to do the same thing with the SQL finds, or just turn off advanced SQL finds. It is up to you. 

This topic is 3159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.