Replace all mail.it plug ins with Send Mail function

haseebiqbal

This topic is 3164 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am upgrading our Filemaker 10 Server to Filemaker 14. Which was smooth but been told not to use mail.it plugins instead use Send Mail function. So have to redesign all the codes. So is there any thing that I should be aware of. Lots of thins like MessageID in mail.it functions that cannot be implemented in Send Mail(did not find any articles).

Are you using the Dacons Mailit plugin?  They do have a version that is compatible with V14.  You'll probably have to pay an upgrade fee, but it's well worth it rather than having to switch around all of the code.  Unless there is some restriction that you didn't mention?  Who and why was it suggested to not use this plugin anymore?

To make finding all instances of this function call, you'll need to use a 3rd party tool.  The most direct method and what I recommend is using the 2empowerFM Toolbox plugin.  They have a 30 day trial.  Other tools to find instances of this function call include Base Elements and Inspector Pro, but these require you have Pro Advance to create the DDR necessary.

This topic is 3164 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.