Portal filter

MikeKD

This topic is 3126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI folks,

I have the following Portal Filter set up:

ExamPaper 3::Skills   =  AcademicExam::gFilterPaperMarks

This works fine, just showing the exam papers examining the relevant skills.

However, I'd like to be able to show more than one skill at a time. If I change the global to a checkbox I can select more than one skill to view, but the resultant spaces mean than the filter doesn't work.

Do I have to use a script to write global variables to filter on, or can I do this within the portal filter?

I've managed to do the same thing with other filters using relationships, but thought there might be another way of doing it!

Many thanks,

Mike

However, I'd like to be able to show more than one skill at a time. If I change the global to a checkbox I can select more than one skill to view, but the resultant spaces mean than the filter doesn't work.

Not sure what you mean by “spaces”; the selected values in a checkbox-formatted field are delimited by carriage returns. Try

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( AcademicExam::gFilterPaperMarks ; ExamPaper 3::Skills ) )  

Let me suggest using more meaningful TO names than “ExamPaper 3”; will you know or remember what that TO's purpose and context is without looking it up?

Many thanks - that works perfectly (it needs a refresh window script trigger).

I've just spent a couple of minutes working out how it works - very clever!!!

I'm gradually working through table names - the docs I've read about naming conventions give names that confuse me even more, but it is on my TODO list!

Cheers :-)

Mike

This topic is 3126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.