Quickfind within a popover within a portal

Matthew R White

This topic is 3125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have my main database layout which is a form that displays all the customers information.

I'm trying to make a popover button that displays a search (quickfind) field with a table below the quickfind but within the popover button. When I type into the quickfind field and hit enter I'd like the portal within the popover to display all found records as a list.

The problem i'm having is when I enter information into the quickfind and hit enter, it searches the main database (instead of the table within the popover) 

How do I get quickfind to search the correct table?

You've got to script the "quickfind". Popovers are just layout objects that help you manage your layout real estate. They don't have a separate table "context". I'm assuming you have a portal on the popover and *that's* the table you want to search? There's not a simple answer. And your "quickfind" field is a global of some sort?

You can

1) Script it so upon exiting the "quickfind field" you can either create a bunch of find requests each with a different "related field" getting the quickfind data

2) Script it so upon exiting the quickfind field, you go to a different table (one the portal is based on), do a Quickfind search there and the Go To related Record back to the original table

3) Set up layout so only the related fields are set to "quickfind"

4) Rethink how to accomplish your goal. Do you need a popover? How about a new window to a layout based on what is your current "portal" table?

David, thank you for your response!

Yes the portal on the popover is the table that I want to search. The quickfind field is a global field within the table.

In our business we are usually have one customers (details page) open with all the account information and we are constantly getting calls and searching/switching to another customers file. What I'm trying to do is have a search field that quickfinds (within 5-7 certain fields) customer data and then assembles it in a list view that once clicked takes our agents to that specific file.

I've been able to get this quickfind to work using the - new window-go to layout (which is the table and in list view) but the issue is this takes 3-5 seconds to pop out. I was thinking a popover window within the details page would be much quicker?

This topic is 3125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.