Field summarizing immediately after file is opened

This topic is 3123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently switched from FileMaker Server 13 on a Mac to 14.02 using Windows 2012, and with new equipment as well.  One hosted file has the annoying habit of trying to summarize a field after the credentials are properly entered, but before the startup script starts to execute, and before any window/layout is drawn on the screen.  This happens with either FMPA14 Mac client or FMPA13 Windows clients.  The summary notice will stay for several seconds, making it very noticeable and mildly annoying.  

The file was built with an older version of FileMaker (starting with v9), and has been upgraded since then.  This is the first time that this has been noticed, although it may have summarized that fields before, but it was much quicker.

Any idea on what to do?  Thanks in advance!

I can see where using this method would greatly reduce load/open time, especially on a larger solution.  I use a blank layout for reports all the time, and it reduces the time many times expodentially.

Still, the matter is that something with this behavior has changed from 13 to 14. I wasn't aware of this, and perhaps I simply overlooked it?  Can anyone confirm this change?

This topic is 3123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.