The Mysterious Case of Missing Records

This topic is 3122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm designing and working with my first Filemaker database using Filemaker 12 Advanced and Ipads using the Filemaker Go app (self hosted). I am having issues with random records going missing from the whole database (in each table and TO). There is no evidence that the record was ever in the database at all and this only happens every once it a while and is not restricted to a single Table; it happens in multiple tables, randomly, with no correlation between the instants. I would say 1 record in 50 goes missing daily.

I have 9 main tables that are connected with a key. Each table has TO of every other table attached to share information through portals on each table. Table1 can create/delete records in Table2, but not vice versa, Table2 can create/delete records in Table3, but not vice versa... and so on and so forth. I am the only person who can delete records at all but especially from Table1, which removes the record from every table in the Database. None of the TO have the ability to create or delete.

What could my issue be? I checked relationships, scripts and fields. Could it be the Filemaker Go app?

Thanks folks!

Are these newly created records that go missing? I've seen people enter data in Find mode, thinking they're in Browse.

Are these records that have been there for a while? Do you have auto-enter serial numbers? Is there a gap in the sequence? Are the child records also deleted?

You stated contradicting things:

1. "Table1 can create/delete ... and so on"

2. "None of the TO have the ability to create or delete"

This happened to me once. I was positive all my "delete records in" were correct but I was mistaken. For some reason, even though it made no sense, I had allowed a record in a child table to delete records in the parent table which in turn correctly deleted records in all the child tables. I would recheck to be sure.

And to be clear: let's say you have multiple TOs of a given table, and TO3 has 'delete' selected, but the others don't. Even if you delete from the context of TO1, the cascading delete of TO3 will still take effect.

PS: I moved the topic. Solutions Wanted is a forum for finding products that match your specs.

This topic is 3122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.