FTPeek 1.67 Random Windows FileMaker Crashes at Startup

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FTPeek 1.67

FileMaker 14v2 (64-bit)
Windows 2008 R2

This is happening in two different Windows 2008 R2 machines. (It's not happening in OSX). Every 3 or 4 launches of FileMaker 14 (happens in both 32-bit and 64-bit) FileMaker will crash right after you launch it with the following info:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    FileMaker Pro.exe
  Application Version:    14.0.2.200
  Application Timestamp:    559b2c63
  Fault Module Name:    360Works_FTPeek.fmx64
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    550aead4
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000000975a
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.18.10
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    f971
  Additional Information 2:    f971b197d28f5ae15d56b16cbfb83516
  Additional Information 3:    ad8e
  Additional Information 4:    ad8ebde836725455d134c1a7723ec947

360Work E-MAIL is also install and it loads fine in the log files that I've attached. Nothing indicating that FTPeek is loading is in there. The Heap Size has also been increased.

Once it crashes, the next 2 or 3 launches it will continue to crash, then afterwards it will launch and run perfectly fine.

Am I missing anything here?

-Sydney

360Plugins_FMPro.log

Edited by Sydney@Aeon

Sydney,

Do you have any other plugins installed, including those from other plugin developers? Also, double check all your plugin folders to make sure you don't have an old version of one of our plugins somewhere. This may also have something to do with your increased heap size. It's possible our plugins could cause FileMaker to crash if they were unable to allocate the full gigabyte of memory. When this crash happens, how much RAM is available? If you lower the custom heap size, say to 256 Mb, does the crash still occur as often?

Are you able to reproduce this error with any level of consistency? If so, I'd like you to shut down FileMaker, delete the log file, and start it back up. If it doesn't crash, repeat this process, including deleting the log file, until it does. Then, immediately after the crash, grab the log file again. This should make sure that the log represents the crashing instance of FileMaker. 

Thanks!

The problem was the heap size being too large. It only seemed to crash when I had 360 Works EMAIL, ScriptMaster, and SuperContainer Companion running, but by itself it never crashed. I set the heap size to 256 and it seems to be fine now. As a side not I had to increase it from the default 96 for FMS14 Script Engine to not crash.

Thanks,

-Sydney

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.