Conditional Show of Fields

Peter Barfield

This topic is 3108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok Guys, I hope the wizards of fmforum can help me with this as my brain is just not getting there.

Problem (Challenge) I am working on a POS which for the most part is sailing along nicely. I have a stipulation that there must be the ability to print on the receipt an offer if criteria is met. eg Spend $30 in store get a free coffee in the café. I have set up a table which is a promotions table which allows for the entry of the promo ie description, barcode, icon(for receipt), value, start Date End Date, active etc and have related that to the sales table (trusting this is correct) I can get it to the receipt except for the icon(I'll work on that) but I now need it to be conditionally shown. i.e. if the spend was $25.00 then don't print etc. Now I thought of a field in the promo table which could be for arguments sake a min purchase field and then hide if purchase is less than min purchase and that would work, however there may be instances where it is not dollar driven eg buy 2 packets of widgets get cents off fuel etc concept. Now I am completely brain dead in thinking this my creative juices have stopped flowing. It may be a simple solution or it may not. Hope someone can help.

Well...what should be the criteria for what message should be printed when? IOW, is it tied to a specific product?

You could select the messages based on the product, or just from a dropdown if you decide this week it's 2 for 1, but only on these products otherwise min purchase for these products.  I would attach criteria to each product that could be a promo, then decide when to show/hide may be easier to solve.

Another consideration-is it cumulative, like a rewards program.  I would think at the least that would be another table to track totals.

Edited by Steve Martino
additional info

Steve, Thanks for the reply you have unblocked my brain juices sometimes you just need to step back a little and get another idea and your idea is worthy of some work it certainly makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of a rewards program though this is not a requirement at present it might just be worthwhile building that in now for future use. Thanks heaps for the ideas.

This topic is 3108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.