Filemaker Server 14 Installation Snafu

This topic is 3081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Well, I was trying to access the local host, to see if the filemaker server logo will appear. when I try to access the admin console I got this.

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Hide details
Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured. 

How do I turn on the IIS? or at least repair it so it will work? 

• 2 weeks later...

I was coming across this problem when installing FMS on a fresh VM image of 2012R2.  If I disabled IIS as the docs suggested so that the FMS installer could install it and create the appropriate sites, it would error out during install.  If I enabled IIS myself, and then did the FMS install, the install would proceed and it would make the FMWebSite in IIS as expected, but that site was completely screwed up.  I would get the same 500 server errors when trying to access it, and the deployment assistant would of course hang when trying to enable web publishing for the same reason.  It turns out there are a bunch of other things you have to make sure are uninstalled so that the FMS use of application request routing to enable IIS, etc will work.

I posted my question and my answer to myself here:
https://community.filemaker.com/thread/149189

The link above also references TSFalcon's original solution to this problem on the now disabled filemaker discussion board, which is where I found the answer.

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/91198d0960

Hope this helps.  I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole FMS-IIS business myself until I found this solution.

This topic is 3081 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.