Lyntex

This topic is 3087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If you're talking about files that open automatically because of a relationship or script: the problem is that your credentials are not identical in each file.

Once you've opened the file, go to File > Open Favorite > Add Current File to Favorites. Next time you want the file, it will be listed under Open Favorite.

Another way would be to use a URL.

When I go "File - Open Remote - click on my server it prompts me for user and password...then finds my database..I click on it and it ask me for user / password again...can this be minimized to just 1 log in prompt?

That is because you have set up "file list filtering" as an FMS option.  It is meant to ask for your credentials first then only show you a list of the files you have an account then.  Then when you open the file you have to enter your credentials again.

If your deployment qualifies, you could use External Authentication's SSO aspect.  That way you never have to enter your credentials.

I believe Steven was pointing out that if you use External Authentication, you'd want to disable automatic log-in. I don't think he was suggesting that this would resolve your current problem, since if it was already enabled, it wouldn't be asking you for a password.

This topic is 3087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.