Filemaker Go Find Mode won't work

This topic is 3087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

We're trialling using Ipads to access our custom CRM system. The Database is hosted on a Filemaker server and we're working directly with it (4G or Wifi). Everyhting works well and I'm surprised how little effort it took to make some custom layouts and integrate.

On the Ipad there are a couple of layouts where staff can do searches (e.g. Client list). As per our desktop layout, there is a "Find Mode" button to put FM into find mode, the query is entered, and then we get the result. This works fine when I log in as an Admin user (which I am). It does not work for users who are not admins. FM Go enters find mode, the users enters the query, but when you click go on the onscreen keyboard the find is not executed and FM Go stays in find mode.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks, in advance, JS

BTW Using Filemaker Server 14 / FM Go 14.01 and there are no permission issues when clients use the Desktop FIlemaker to perform similar searches.

I would check that the Accounts and Privilege have access to the required tables and layouts for this to execute. You can try the process in FM Advanced from the Go layout on the desktop logged in as one of the other non-admin privilege set accounts using script debugger and see what happens.

This topic is 3087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.