Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying Multiple 'Found Sets' on a Layout

eyee12

This topic is 3103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all -

I have a question that I can't seem to figure out. I'm hoping that there's a way to do what I want but not sure if it's possible. 

I'm pretty new to Filemaker, yet I've watched videos on working it and have what I initially want built out. I'm just a bit stuck at this one part though. A little background: I'm doing a database for a casting company and I now have a Layout built where I can pull Job Info from a Global Field created, and Filter my Talent through several fields I created; Age Range, Body Type, Ethnicity, Special Skills, etc. This Layout is meant to use the Find option so I can cast for specific sets of people. i.e. If I search for Age Range 18-25, it'll pull through my Talent DB and list all my 18-25 year olds in a found set.

From there, I want to pull these records from the 'Found Set' and List them in another Layout essentially. For each role, I'd like to do this and add it to that one, single layout. This way, when I cast for...8 roles, I can have all those that I've found in the found sets listed in one layout so I know who I can email to cast for a job. 

I understand that the new layout will already have my found set inside the layout for me to view when I input what fields I need in there, yet what do I do when I want to input the remaining 6 roles? i.e. If I have Role 1 - Hipsters..I do my Find and I get 35 people from my Talent Database that qualify. I want these 35 people to be in that New Layout with Heading 'Role 1 - Hipsters'. Under the Found Records for 'Role 1', on the same Layout, I'd like to put 'Role 2 - Business', and I'd do a search for these people and list these 'Found Records' under 'Role 2- Business'. Then...Role 3...Role 4..etc.

Is this something that is possible? Thank you for your help!!

Here's what my Relationships and my layout with the filters looks like.

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 1.53.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 1.54.04 PM.png

Hi Steve, 

See seems like there's a wave of people posting the same question in all 3 forums

It isn’t against the rules it’s a list etiquette thing caused by a lack of knowledge on how-to posts on Forums and Lists.

This topic is 3103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.