Users can not view or access Calculation fields

Miss A!

This topic is 3063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout based on a particular table with fields from a table in another file through a relationship - I have full access and hence can access and edit fields, other user with custom privileges are unable to access or edit this fields, but can create records, i have tried editing the privileges on this tables for this users but still no change - what could i be missing?

The table name is Rental_Calc, i have attached screenshot for the set privilege.

Thanks for your help!

Miss A!

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 14.41.17.png

Custom record priv's facilitate control at a record level.

For example a user with the priv set in your pic can view, edit and create records in the Sundry table but can not delete them. The same user can not view, edit, create or delete records in the Storage table.

When you say "I have full access and hence can access and edit fields, other user with custom privileges are unable to access or edit this field" exactly what do you mean by edit this field? Change the field definition in the table or work with the data in the records of the table?

Give detailed example of exactly waht does not work using a sccenario from the screen shot.. i.e when this user is on a record in table xxxx i want them to be able to edit,delete,create a record and can not.

Edited by Kris M

I mean user is unable to work with the data contained in the table, they can create new records and populate their fields but the calculation fields do not calculate at a all, the remain blank and can not be entered.

I have a vehicle rental price calculator, when the users enter this layout, i want them to specifies values e.g End date, start date, select a rateID(Is a value list), # of passenger and the KM driven - High season and Low season values depend on a particular rateID selected, The field Total is calculated from the high and low Season values by the High and low season days plus KM rate by KM driven - but this calculation is not going through for the users i intended to make use of the calculator.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 15.06.22.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 15.04.59.png

58 minutes ago, Miss A! said:

I have a layout based on a particular table with fields from a table in another file through a relationship

The table name is Rental_Calc, i have attached screenshot for the set privilege.

Your screenshot shows the privileges for fields defined in the Rental_Calc table. This is irrelevant for fields from another table placed on this layout.

Note also that calculation fields that reference fields to which the current user has no access will not be able to use values from the restricted fields.

Edited by comment

This topic is 3063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.