Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS web server not enabled

This topic is 2828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

While trying to track down a reason for not having access to the Admin Console from a remote machine (can access it locally) I discovered that web server was not enabled. I can't find a way to enable it. On the status page there is no indication. I only discovered this by editing the deployment. Nor can I find a fsadmin command to start the web server. Does anyone have a clue how to proceed with starting the web server?

thanks, Rick.

16 hours ago, Rick Whitelaw said:

On the status page there is no indication. I only discovered this by editing the deployment. Nor can I find a fsadmin command to start the web server.

The web server status is indicated on the status page (see screenshot).

The web server is not part of FMS though so there is no "fmsadmin" command to start or stop it.  The only thing you can control from an fmsadmin command line is the web publishing engine:

fmsadmin start/stop/restart wpe

To control the web server itself you need to work with the "apachectl" command line.

2015-11-15_07-44-57.png

Hi,

I'm not a Mac user, after installing the 0.4 update on my FMS 14 the  web server doesn't start by itself. I need to manually start the web server using the "apachectl" on MacOSX terminal?     Can you please be more specific on how to do it

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue mentioned in the first post (not having access to the Admin Console from a remote machine, while able to access it locally, FMS14 on Os X.9).

Do I need the web server to be installed to use admin console remotely? Since when?

If not, what is the issue preventing me from using remote admin console? As far as I know, no firewall changes were made to the environment (University LAN), but I am trying to check that; anything besides port 16000 that needs to be open?

thanks

Edited by cbum

3 hours ago, cbum said:

Do I need the web server to be installed to use admin console remotely? Since when?

Since quite a while now... on OSX FMS installs its own copy of Apache to make this work.

As to why it is not working for you: blocked ports is the usual culprit so your troubleshooting is on the right track I think.

• 6 months later...

Wim,

quick update: portscans showed 16000 was not active (16001 was on the server itself). Several calls to Apple and FM were useless, no info about how to turn on the port.

Finally, a FM tech told me there was a FMS update that was not usually reported with the usual check for updates routine (14.0.4b).

He walked me through not just stopping the DB engine, but using terminal to stop all FM processes, applying the updater. That fixed the issue, and port 16000 suddenly showed up as visible on portscan.

This topic is 2828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.