missing records

This topic is 3053 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal set-up to track labor costs in each project record.  Our staff will enter the labor costs, which are connected to the record by a JobID.  The Labor table is set-up to allow creation of records, but the option to Delete related records is not checked.  Frequently, after several weeks or months have passed, with the labor cost visible in the portal, it will disappear.  It is not found in the Labor table, it seems to be missing, without anyone manually deleting it (permissions are restricted for all but the Administrator to do this).  Suggestions for what other settings I should look at to resolve this?  I am using Filemaker 12.  Thanks,

It is possible that records are overwritten by some process but we really don't have enough information.  It would require reviewing your file and it could be extensive to nail down.  You will need to generate a Base Elements file or Database Design Report and check every single reference which touches that table.

It could even be a script for another portion of your solution which has nothing to do with Projects or Labor and 'got lost' because script could not go to a layout or was not otherwise properly error-trapped ... and thus, deletes a Labor record when handling a different table occurrence was actually the desired action.

I also meant to mention that I doubt it is corruption.  It could be ... but as Lee says, we need to know your OS.  Also are you on the latest Updater for version 12?  I would tell you what that latest version would be but without knowing your OS ... well, you know the rest of THAT story.  :-)

But odds are, it isn't corruption.  BTW, how is the file being accessed?  Are you using FileMaker server?  Do you have sharing on to the data directory?  Are users accessing WAN - iPad?

This topic is 3053 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.