Newbie - issues with x axis labels

3randomwords

This topic is 3070 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Purpose: Show total number of different items given in date range via column chart.

Data entry: User enters a quantity for each item given into separate fields on record, eg. on 1/2/2015 I gave out: apples - 1, orange - 5, pears - 2, bananas - 0

I have a summary field calculating total for apples, oranges, pears and bananas which I have added as separate series on the Y axis and additional fields to limit the found count to dates within the specified range.

My question: As you can see, the chart is working to a point.  However, I'm unsure what I should put it the x-axis to generate the correct labels. The only workaround I have found is 'show legend', which isn't as clear.

I would like the labels 'apples' 'oranges' 'pears' and 'bananas' to appear under their respective columns in the x axis.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Let me know if you need more information about the setup.

5652ec55ba158_ScreenShot2015-11-23at9.30

Edited by 3randomwords

I don't think it is a good method to have 4 separate fields for the quantities of apples, oranges, pears and bananas, as well as 4 summary fields. You should be using a child table for the quantities, where each record would hold the type and the quantity.

Anyway, in your present situation you should use a calculation =

"Apples¶Oranges¶Pears¶Bananas"

for the X-axis data.

---

P.S. IMHO, this is not a case for separate data series, either. You should use one series only and calculate the Y-axis data as =

List ( sTotalOfApples ; sTotalOfOranges ; sTotalOfPears ; sTotalOfBananas )

Edited by comment

This topic is 3070 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.