Checkbox select all in find mode

Mustafa55

This topic is 3047 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a table named "city" I have many  records and record more  everyday. I have done value list with checkbox set. I can find with multiple checkbox. I did it in my project.  I can select one by one in find mode but I can't select all by one button.  I need just select all in find mode one button. 

Checkbox.zip

For display, you can set the checkbox to:

Set Field [ yourCheckboxField ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "YourValueListName" ) ]

For finding, if you want all values from the field, just search for '*'.  Note the value list name you type between those quotes must match exactly.  You will not get an error or indication if they do not match.  :-)

BTW, your value list should be based upon 'values from field' and all values instead of a custom value list.  In this way, it will adjust as new values are added.

Edited by LaRetta
  • Like 1

Also, this morning I looked again at your file.  You are using Clear [ checkboxField ].  In this specific instance, it probably is fine BUT it is best to use Set Field [ checkboxField ; "" ].  Why?  Because Set Field[] does not require that the field be on the layout and Clear does.  There is higher chance of failure using clear, copy, paste and Set Field[] does the same job, much safer.  

It is best to get into the habit of using Set Field[].  :-)

LaRetta, I agree completely with your advice and your grammar is confusing.

(Trying to illustrate the grammar problem in the above sentence).

I think your advice would be clearer as follows:

There is higher chance of failure using clear, copy, and paste.

Set Field[] does the same job, much safer.

Bruce said, "There is higher chance of failure using clear, copy, and paste."

I said, "There is higher chance of failure using clear, copy, paste"

Bruce said, "Set Field[] does the same job, much safer."

I said, "and Set Field[] does the same job, much safer."

---

Really?  It must be a very slow day for you, Bruce, to begin correcting this type of small grammar.  

It is clear in this thread that you're dealing with somebody who is not likely to be a native speaker of English.

Your grammar is confusing.

You said "There is higher chance of failure using clear, copy, paste and Set Field[].."

Definitely you are right that English is not my native language. even so, I understand everthing what you have written and solved my problem. Thank all you so much for your interest.

This topic is 3047 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.