Invoicing templates for FMP

ChangeAgent

This topic is 3036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking for a template or something of the like to use for my accounting purposes.  As I am a total novice in FMP I suspect it is beyond my skill to develop from scratch. 

What I need is a system that does invoices only.  No bookkeeping needed.  No inventory needed.  All it needs to do is hold client details (Address, VAT No etc.).  However I need to be able to ad VAT at different rates or to use the EU VAT diversion system (for those of you who do not know we do not charge VAT to companies in the EU that are not in the country we are in, that are VAT registered).  If this is the case I need to add a note stating that the VAT is diverted.  It needs to create unique invoice numbers.  I need to be able to mark invoices as paid. 

Invoice needs to be printed on A4 and I need to be able to ad logo and my details, like our own VAT number etc.

Is maybe a strange combination, I know, but hoping there is something out there I can use or use and adapt.  If it does more no problem but this is the minimum I need.  I hope someone has a tip or two or other smart ideas how to solve this. 

Thanks.

Taking a look at the Invoices starter solution, it has a Tax Rate field on the invoice where the rates are in a hard-coded value list. What you'd want to do is change that field to auto-enter the rate based on the country of the customer. This might be based on a related table, or on a calculated field or custom function. The note could auto-enter in a similar way, or it could just be a hide/show layout object if it's only for display/printing. Fairly standard and easy stuff.

Likewise, it's fairly trivial to adjust the print layout to your preferred size, and the other features are all built in.

Currency conversion will depend on whether you want to maintain some set rates and prices, or you could do live conversion using Insert from URL with something like:

https://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=10&from=GBP&to=EUR

... from which you can parse the converted amount.

Hi Fitch, so I had a look at the starter solution.  Thanks for that tip as it comes closer to anything I could build myself, I am at best not good at it.

But I get already stuck at changing the currency or changing the client number (I need specific indicators in it that are different for each country).  I see no standard fields there for changing it and suppose i need to get under hood. 

I am afraid that if I start to tinker other stuff will not work etc.  

Edited by ChangeAgent

Fitch good morning.

I just found how to do the numbers by digging around this AM. 

The Invoice number is set in the Field Definitions. File -> Manage -> Database -> Fields -> Invoice Table- > “ID_Invoice” double click -> “Auto Enter” tab, is a box with the Invoice number.

This topic is 3036 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.