SMS help

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an application that sends SMS messages to employees selected from a list. Currently I store both their mobile number and cell carrier and send an email to the respective carriers gateway. That is really becoming a nightmare as employees are hopping from company to company shopping best deals or even going prepaid.

So, I want to use the IM_SendMessage function. I have an AIM account. I set up a simple 2 line script to send a message and then show the result. I get a result of 1 but no SMS goes to the specified mobile phone.

I downloaded the AIM app on the mobile phone. It shows a message came in from an identified place but the message doesn't appear. Not that I want my employees to have to download the app and have an AIM account, but I thought this might be an interesting test.

Any suggestions on what I may need to do?

I just tested this out myself and sending a text to my phone through AIM did work, using version 2.14 of our email plugin. For typical US 10 digit phone numbers, you need to add '+1' to the beginning of the number. For example, to send a text to (555) 867-5309, you would use "+15558675309" as the recipient value. In my testing, I did find that the IM_SendMessage function doesn't do any checking on the validity of the recipient and returns 1 as long as the login credentials are correct. What value are you using as the recipient?

Those messages will come in as regular SMS. Can you tell me exactly what you are passing in? It looks like you are storing phone numbers in your DB and if you are storing them in typical format "(XXX)XXX-XXXX" then that will not work as the ( ) and the - will not work as part of the recipient parameter for IM_SendMessage . The recipient parameter must be in format "+1XXXXXXXXXX" .

The tel number is correct. Here is exactly what I am using. It is a script of just this line and nothing else.

Set Variable [$result; Value: IM_SendMessage( "AIM" ; "rwintner" ; "********" ; "+13108509403" ; "test message" ) ] 

obviously, the "***...*" is my password. I manage to log into AIM OK because if I make a change to my password or my name, it tells me so.

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.