Likely bug in ScribeDocWriteValue function

This topic is 3055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've seen the following issue with two forms. 

If the field in the PDF document that you want to replace has a parenthesis in it, ScribeDocWriteValue returns an error.

For example, in the attached PDF, there's a form entitled, "A petition for an extension of time under 37CFR 1.136 (a)". 

I believe that the problem is that acrofields are delimited by using parentheses.  The way to include a parenthesis in text is to using back slash ("\") before the parenthesis, but this doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a way around it?  I'm about 99% certain that there is a bug in the plug-in at this point.

PTOAIA31.pdf

Hi Mikedr,

I believe I responded to you in an support case but I want to update this thread incase any one else is having this same issue. We have fixed this in a development build v2.15 that will be on our website soon. For now you can download 2.15 here . 

Great!  Yes, this fixed the issue.  Thanks so much for the quick turnaround.

I want to kick the folks at the US Patent Office who created the Acrobat forms.  A field name should be sentences in length and have multiple misspellings!

Thanks again also for developing a great plugin.  It has permitted us to do document construction through our FMP database, which has been a lifesaver.

This topic is 3055 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.